THE SIMPLEST TWITTER IMPORT GUIDE:
How to Import Facebook, Yahoo, Gmail contacts into Twitter
Twitter and Facebook are both leading social networking sites on the web. Most people have contacts on Facebook, Yahoo, Gmail they’d like to get on twitter without the tiresome task of finding each and everyone’s username. This is a much easier task now that Yahoo Mail has introduced its new importer. First, we’ll go through importing the contacts to yahoo, then twitter.
Import Facebook Friends and Gmail contacts into Yahoo
- Sign into Yahoo Mail
- Click on the Contacts tab. – On the Old Classic Yahoo, it is on the top right horizontal tab, On the new Yahoo, it is on the left drop-down tab.
- This will display Popular Tools which include Share my info, Import now, and Fix Duplicate Entries.
- Click on Import now – This opens a page with icons for several social networks including Facebook, Gmail, and Hotmail. With this you can also import Gmail contacts into Yahoo.
- Click on the Facebook icon.A pop-up will appear for Facebook login. Log into your Facebook account. It’ll ask: Do you want to share your contacts with Yahoo!?
- Click on Okay. Then it’ll say “Retrieving data from Facebook”. Done:) Congrats, you’ve just imported your Facebook friends into your Yahoo contact list. You can go ahead and customize their, nicknames, and Fix Duplicates (check above).
- Repeat the same simple procedure for Gmail and Hotmail by clicking on the Gmail icon. For other email services click here start att net.
Now you have all your important contacts on Yahoo, the next step is moving the contacts to twitter.
Import Contacts into Twitter:
- Log into Twitter.
- On the homepage, Find Who to Follow and below that click on Find Friends. or just click here.
- It will bring you to a page with your email address and an option for: Find Friends on Yahoo also available is Gmail and other joints.
- Click on Find Friends on Yahoo. A pop-up will appear for login and asks you to authorize access to Yahoo, Agree.
- It then finds all contacts that are on Twitter, with an option for Follow all. Or you can select one by one. Also it shows who is not on Twitter and gives the options for inviting them.